Do you think that these are the best solutions for your problem?



Home From Home or Reverse Cultural Shock Syndrome

If you have lived abroad for an extended period and have returned to your country of origin, you know exactly what I am talking about.
There is a little black secret hidden behind the announcement "at home".
Have you ever felt like you do not really know where the house is? Is the house a space, a building structure or simply a sense of belonging? It is a strange feeling and a mental separation between where you want and where you need to be.
We recently moved to our home country after living in China for 5 years; it is unnecessary to describe how disturbing it is to adjust to their lifestyle, friends, costumes, culture, driving habits, lifestyle habits, lifestyle habits, lifestyle habits, usually normal, and obviously do not forget taxes. It is like rediscovering a feeling of déjàvu, but with a touch of nostalgia and uncertainty, how to rebuild things from the place where you left them. Things are "almost normal", almost the same.
For a moment, I asked myself, what had I used when we were living here for the last time? How does this happen to me? How can I overcome all these feelings? As you can imagine, I deal with issues like this magazine as part of my work, and yet I was there, wondering the same things that my clients are saddened about.
Funny, as I unpacked the boxes in motion, I found myself feeling the old "house". It is well known that flavors and odors have the magic quality to bring us back in time, even in our early childhood.
All our friends continued their lives while we were making a new life in another country. They have changed, but we have also changed, and we hope that things will be the same as we left them. How is it possible? How do you find the balance and feeling of being at home? It is a new beginning for us, not for the world around us. We are talking about a house that refers to China ... is it strange? We're supposed to be at home!
They all went to idle until I realized that the house had more to do with a state of mind, a comfortable feeling and not so much on a real place. For my children, living abroad, home is where we are, no matter where in the world we might be.
I started to analyze (yes ... I guess it's in my nature to analyze things) ... what was different with all other movements? I never felt what I feel now. Why?
When we moved from our hometown in Latin America to France, we were "disappeared" long before our move.
From France to Belgium, what led us was the possibility of a fresh start with the family, hope was behind everything and became the right place for us.
Later, from Belgium to China, we were all enthusiastic about new adventures. However, we expected challenges; So I started making contacts months before moving.
I have been actively involved in networking; by creating contacts, organizing meetings, organizing work and ensuring that a stable platform is ready upon arrival. I knew where to live, what to expect, where to study my children, etc. ... Again, we were gone before we got the green light from the company.
From China to Belgium, everything changed because none of us were ready for the return. We were in love with China. I fell into a black hole!
What we have realized later is that there is not much difference in terms of moving from one country to another, the attitude changes all in a positive or negative way. It is up to us to make the most of it, not only for our good, but also for our family. Living in any country for over 3 years creates invisible roots.
The house is definitely a state of mind, rather it is the place where you are happy to be that where you are. Many people say: the house is where the heart is! And they are right.
If you find yourself in this situation, you should keep in mind that small things can help you recover quickly:
- Join a club, a gymnasium, an association, a church
- Join group classes: cooking, language, Zumba, running, etc.
- Work in your garden and plan for next season. Nothing better than waiting for opportunities.
- Resume contact with old friends and / or, go out and create new ones.
- Planning your days will help you gain a sense of belonging



http://www.annonces.immo-reve.com/
https://www.facebook.com/immo.reve.tn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire